Thread: Elegant Tundra Swan

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Elegant Tundra Swan

Attached Images Attached Images

The Tundra Swan is a very elegant large bird!!!
    Last edited by Larry Hitchens; 01-15-2008 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Per Artie's suggestion removed feathers from mud

Fabs Forns

Hi Larry,

Very nice environmental image, very pretty background accentuated by the flowering plant, which, in an ideal world, would a bit more to the left for balance. Good pose on the bird, excellent head angle and the lifted foot is a plus.

Wish the foreground were not so muddy, but you had no control over that and the rest of the image makes up for it. Great whites.

Congratulations!
    Last edited by Arthur Morris; 01-11-2008 at 08:25 PM.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Good job by Fabs. If you had moved left a bit, you would have opened up some room between the bird and the plant. The soft light is nice too. Needs a bit of CCW rotation. The feathers on the mud bug me. If it fits your ethics, a few minutes work can lose them.

later and love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Larry
    The Tundra Swans are elegant. I think you did a pretty good job with what you had to work with. Now with the great suggestions that have been given I think that you'll continue to do better in the future. One thing that might be helpful would be to list the techs in future posts. For instance: camera, lens, support (tripod, beanbag, etc) and the settings. That information can often lead to even more great suggestions.