Canon 400d
    sigma 170-500 lens at 500mm
    20mm extension tube
    iso200
    f9
    1/250
    Thanks for looking.

Alfred Forns

Hi Dave Main thing here is the mixed light !!! You will be hard pressed to come up with an image that work under this conditions !!!!! Best to pass up since will end with frustration !!!!

As presented you can try lightening the shadow and getting some density on the but end of the bird, the bg can blur some using a layer mask and Gaussian blur. Do like the pleasing colors and pose ... btw if you have it might leave a little more room around the bird, seems a little tight !!!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Dave,
    Agree with Al's comments but I always enjoy seeing your small birds. They are so sweet and not the varieties that I am used to seeing in the UK!
    Regards,
    Nicki

Julie Kenward

I wish I could say the lighting bothers me the way it does Al - but it just doesn't. I think it looks like you caught a bird outdoors and it makes it all the more realistic for me. Would this make a great magazine cover? No...but I think with a looser crop it would look mighty nice hanging on your wall!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Dave:

Mighty nice photo of a Orange-crested Warbler, the only icing on the cake would have been to capture it with a bit of the hard to get orange on top of its head. I love the photo, and as Julie said, "Give it a bit of room and it would make a nice photo hanging on your wall." . . .I agree . . . Uncle Gus :D