Thread: Great Horned Owl

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Great Horned Owl

Attached Images Attached Images

I used a GHO recording to attract this Owl. I made this image as he was coming in to land on the fence.

Osceola County, FL - 1D2N, 500mm, hand held, 1/1000, F5.6, ISO 400, manual exposure
    Last edited by Jim Neiger; 12-28-2007 at 11:56 AM.
    Jim Neiger - Kissimmee, Florida

Get the Book: Flight Plan - How to Photograph Birds in Flight
    Please visit my website: www.flightschoolphotography.com 3 spots remaining for Alaska bald eagles workshop.

Michael Pancier

The same guy from Lake Kissimmee? I like the use of the fence in the composition and how you captured all the dragonflies in the background on this.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Jim
    This is a fine example of how the "hand of man" aka.....fence.....can add so much to the image. It certainly helps to demonstrate that bird and man share the surroundings. It's an interesting image.....especially with the dragonflies.

Maxis Gamez

Jim this is very nice, The angle of the post works very well with the position of the owl. The colors are very vivid too. A great image for sure!

Alfred Forns

I think the fence really adds to the image Love seeing man made objects so well integrated Personally I think it is harder than just a plain clean bg !!!! Big Congrats Jim !!!

Judy Lynn Malloch

Great composition Jim I agree the fence adds such a wonderful dimension to this image and really is a fine example of how we can all live together. The dragonflies are a great bonus too. Beautiful work !!

Fabs Forns

Very pleasing, great example of HoM elements enhancing an image.

Judd Patterson

The angle here really is nice...showing all the repeating fence posts. I really enjoyed the included dragonflies as well.