Thread: White Morph - Reddish Egret

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default White Morph - Reddish Egret

Was trying to work toward a better light angle on this one, but bird grew impatient with me and flew off. I think it's still OK, and I do like the environmental aspect of him in the surf like this. The shadow on the back bothers me a bit, though.

Canon 1DsMII, Ef 300 f/4, ISO 200, f/7.1, 1/1000, POV was very wet!, Late morning sun coming from the left. Windy conditions from the right

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Bob you are quite right about the lighting disappointments and I do think even an earlier time would have suited this better. The wind adds some action to the shot but I don't think it works well on such a gracefully white subject as it disturbs the sense of beauty in this lovely egret. But of course we as photographers are helpless to control nature so the wind cannot be reversed. I love the setting as well. These seashore action shots are inspiring!

Paul

Axel Hildebrandt

Very nice angle, exposure control and wavelet. I'm not sure about the OOF wave in the BG but it is good that it is separated from the head. I might add some space on the left.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Bob
    I really enjoy seeing the white morphs....they can entertain me all day. I think you did good given the circumstances. I would have preferred not to have the wave in the BF but you have to do what you have to do.....when you can. I don't think that the wave is that distracting but it one of those things that you wish weren't there.