Thread: Spoonies Head On

Michael Pancier

Default Spoonies Head On

Attached Images Attached Images

Spoon shot from Ding Darling last August.

Camera: Canon EOS-1D Mark II w/400 5.6L
    Exposure: 1/2500 sec
    Aperture: f/5.6
    Focal Length: 400 mm
    ISO Speed: 400
    Exposure Bias: + 2/3 EV

Alfred Forns

Would go for more of a pano to have the bird bigger in frame Mike Straight on level wings are tought !!!

Michael Pancier

I don't know about this one Michael, is missing something but can't figure what.[/quote]

probably the eye contact.

Jasper Doest

I think there is a difference between eye contact and seeing the eye....In my opinion there is no need for eye contact with the photographer. In many photographs which show eye contact with the photographer, the bird isn't relaxed at all. It is nice to record natural behavior in a way that the bird is fully unaware of your presence and eye contact isn't needed for that. This photograph however shows no eyecontact, nor does it show a lot of the head. I think it would be nicer if photographed from a slightly different angle, so that we could have a better view on the spoon.

Judy Lynn Malloch

I really like the wing position Michael but I agree a little different angle would strengthen this image. Not being able to see the eye from some angle is a loss IMO.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Mike, Interesting view of this Spoonie. I find it leaves me wishing I could see more details in the bird. Perhaps Al's suggestion of a pano crop would help.
    Jim Neiger - Kissimmee, Florida

Get the Book: Flight Plan - How to Photograph Birds in Flight
    Please visit my website: www.flightschoolphotography.com 3 spots remaining for Alaska bald eagles workshop.