Thread: Anhinga Tossing A Fish...

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Anhinga Tossing A Fish...

Attached Images Attached Images

I captured this image a while back at Lake Morton in Lakeland, Florida. I have posted it before, maybe as a vertical. The subject in the image was underexposed because it was a grab shot. Photographing a White Pelican when I saw movement in my peripheral vision. I turned and saw that this Anhinga had surfaced with a fish. No time to change the setting, just focus and push the shutter button. I processed the image from the beginning using the new Denoise in Lightroom Classic. WDYT?

Nikon D500
    Nikon 500mm PF, camera and lens supported by a Oben carbon fiber monopod with a Wimberly MonoGimbal head
    1/2000 F/5.6 Matrix Metering EV 0 ISO 1800 Auto 1 WB, image captured at 500mm (750mm 35mm Equivalent)
    Post processed in Lightroom Classic
    Cropped for composition and presentation
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Joe no issues with noise. I do see the vertical working better wish for more head turn on the anhinga but then maybe we wouldn't see the fish as well. Love the colors on the throat patch along with the water droplets.TFS

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Joe ... very nice for a quick grab shot .
    The fish thrown up is really cool .
    Personally I would open up the whole image ... more in the shadows , and would sharpen the subject a bit more . Appears soft to me ....

Nice one and TFS Andreas

Threads
    Thank You Posts

The image appears sharp enough for me, but I agree it is a bit dark on the Anhinga and fish, not much more needed, but would help. There is also a dark smudge bottom left that could be dealt with. I love the fish toss, as well as the water action around the subject.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

All good stuff above. The only thing that bugs me is the dark face of the Anhinga. Does anyone know the fish? Pumpkinseed?

with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.