Thread: Nuthatch

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Nuthatch

Attached Images Attached Images

Nuthatch still coming back and now, compared to when this was taken, is looking rather bedraggled like most birds, as they are frantically feeding their young. With hindsight the two leaves needed to be pruned.

Thanks to those who posted or viewed the previous posting.

Steve

Subject: Nuthatch (Sitta europaea)
    Camera: Canon EOS R3
    Lens: RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM
    Exposure: 1/1600s at f/8 ISO8000
    Original format: Landscape, almost FF
    Processed via: LRCC 12.3, & PS'23 24.4.0

Attracted with seed.
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Steve ... you are working many images with the 100 - 500 , so I think you love it the same way as I do ....
    Nice clean image of the Nuthatch and the head turn about perfect . Superb colors in the subject . Stunning sharpness and details ... very well processed .
    Personally I would give the moss a more green hue instead of the yellow hue .... might just me .

Lovely work overall and TFS Andreas

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Steve ... you are working many images with the 100 - 500 , so I think you love it the same way as I do ....
    For the price it is a good lens, yes it isn't the BIG glass we have both shot with, but simply bump the ISO and it delivers. Would love to have the 400f/2.8 in the kit, but well out of my league and be really cool for next year! A lot is predicted to be launched hopefully at the end of the year with the Olympics in '24, so who knows, but the prices are just bobbins!
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Looks very good, a remarkable pose - you could not have asked for better! Overall super tones and details. I agree the mosses look rather yellow - but maybe they were.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

This looks great. Love the head turn and moss. Details are money. A really nice depiction of this species. You could clone these leaves, but -- as this is a set-up -- you can do the gardening in real life!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Dorian, believe me I tried in PP and it’s best to leave it in frame. Secateurs would have been the ideal tool in this instance.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I am not a big fan of those two leaves either, but the rest of the image looks great. The "bedraggled" look gives this nuthatch some hard-working personality during the hectic breeding season.

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I am envious of this frame, Steve

Detail on the subject is so good, those feathers look like hairs! Perfect DoF and stunning colours, nice composition too.

"Perch" is superb, don't mind the two leaves. Like the symmetry and proportion

Warmest regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you Gabriela, yes always fun at this location, it always provides a good source of material.

Great that Jon & I have made GSW, Nuthatch and the Kingfisher sources of ideas for others. More to come as you know, hopefully slightly different to what’s been posted so far from me.

You have some lovely images to posts, don’t hide your light under a bushel.