Thread: Four Spot chaser

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Four Spot chaser

Attached Images Attached Images

I took this as a high resolution image using a tripod after previously making stacked images. I had previously noted the larva had climbed the horsetails so I set up and had to wait approximately 3 hours for this scene to materialise.
    Om-1 60mm macro
    ISO 200, 1/60sec f9

ACR/PSCC
    Last edited by Jonathan Ashton; 05-26-2023 at 01:34 AM.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Jon ... lift my hat that you spend that much time to get this shot . Your effort paid off .
    I do like the separation between subject and BG
    Comp is working well , colors are flat bot ok .THe image does need more punch on the whole front .... IMHO .
    It is agin not as sharp as a macro should be .

For me Macro is about the finest details showing up .... which is sadly not the case in your recent postings . But easy to say from my comfy chair .
    One of the reasons why I never felt comfortable with macro .... I never got the quality I was hoping for .

Looking at your techs is leaving me puzzled behind .... as I do think the SS is too slow , to freeze the moment . With the slightest wind you will risk motion blur . And again you need more DOF

TFS Andreas

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas Liedmann View Post
    Hi Jon ... lift my hat that you spend that much time to get this shot . Your effort paid off .
    I do like the separation between subject and BG
    Comp is working well , colors are flat bot ok .THe image does need more punch on the whole front .... IMHO .
    It is agin not as sharp as a macro should be .

For me Macro is about the finest details showing up .... which is sadly not the case in your recent postings . But easy to say from my comfy chair .
    One of the reasons why I never felt comfortable with macro .... I never got the quality I was hoping for .

Looking at your techs is leaving me puzzled behind .... as I do think the SS is too slow , to freeze the moment . With the slightest wind you will risk motion blur . And again you need more DOF

TFS Andreas
    I agree I wasn't too happy with the colours, and I was chancing my arm with SS.