Thread: Woody in fog.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Woody in fog.

Attached Images Attached Images

Drake wood duck shot in Nd in fog. Shot from floating blind. Processed with Dpp 4 Topaz ,Photoshop. Comments and critiques appreciated.
    Canon R5
    Rf 400 2.8
    Av 2.8
    1/2500
    ISO 3200

Threads
    Thank You Posts

This is beautiful. Great pose, sharp, and the breeding plumage top notch. Just about perfect reflection too. For me it is not foggy enough though, and for that reason I would process it to make it look like a regular clear day by adding lots of contrast and a bit more saturation.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Daniel I wasn't sure what to do . I did have it where you couldn't see the fog but I thought it wasn't right that I might have over done it compared to the realistic way I shot it.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Kevin, lovely image of this Wood Duck. I agree with Dan that I wish the fog was either more of none. In Lightroom I would try Dehaze to remove the fog. I think Dan's suggestion regarding contrast and saturation is probably the way to go. Thank you for sharing.
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I am with the rest of the gang -- it needs either more fog or no fog :) Ain't digital amazing? Bird and reflection are loverly.

with love and see you in Iceland!

artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Kevin, a very handsome woody you got. Just love the silky and rich water colors.

Some great comments above regarding the clarity/haze. One other thing I prefer is a little less below and slightly more above - personal pref.

TFS!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Kevin oh i do like it somehow as presented , but understand others who think it is not perfect as it is in between ...
    Nice warm pastel color palette ...

TFS Andreas

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Brian and after looking at it again I'm in your camp on the crop it would look better. Thanks for the suggestion can never have too many.