Thank You Posts

Default Long Tailed Tit

Attached Images Attached Images

Canon R6
    f/4 400mm DO Mk2 at 560mm
    f/5.6
    1/1250
    ISO 3200

I captured this one at the set up, on a cold morning, as you can see, some frost on the perch....I did get some shots showing the long tail, but I liked the cuteness on this 'wee fluffy ball'......Gimbal Head.....ACR and PS.

Will

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Will, super cute and a very simplistic, yet an effective image, the very neutral backdrop gives the subject standout. Like the framing.

Perhaps having a bit more DoF say f/9 would have brought the perch back in, it's just that little bit OOF I feel, but just my take, the snow is a great touch. I might select the bird a drop the Exp just below a third of a stop, ditto HLs & whites by say -5... just adds a bit more substance I think. Clone out the cut, about 50mm to the LHS of the foot.

F/9 more ISO... 6400, don''t be afraid to use it.

Nice one.

TFS
    Steve

PS Looks like it could do with Rooney, a feather transplant up top.
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice one Will very cute love the perch with just a touch of frost. Background colors go well with the subject. I do like how you cropped with the perch into the corner. TFS

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Ha ha, super cute! I love the frosted perch, and of course the down-the-barrel look. Not sure what is happening in parts of the perch though, kinda like a bit of "double vision" going on. Still a fun frame!

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Wil, fluffed up to stay warm. Wonderful stare, right down the barrel. I like the perch, the feather detail, and the color palette of the image. Thank you for sharing.
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Will ... nice head on pose of the little fluff ball .
    Love the contrast of the bird and perch , color and tones looking good to me .

The IQ has suffered IMHO .... I guess it is a large crop and you fiddled with some sharpening tools in your workflow . As I do miss the very fine feather structure , as posted it does look coarse .... to me .

Still a fun image and TFS Andreas

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice shot Will, I do have slight reservation over the sharpness of the eyes, nevertheless an appealing image.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Love, love, love the look on its face.'

with love, a
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.