Thread: Wild Turkey Double Display - and Rejection....

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Wild Turkey Double Display - and Rejection....

Attached Images Attached Images

I had a lot of fun photographing 2 Wild Turkeys trying to impress five nearby females. Here they aligned perfectly in front of some sumacs. Nice to see the different facial marking and colours, apparently their faces get redder as they get more agitated.

Canon R6 + EF 100-400L II @360mms, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/1000s., f/9 (f/13 would have been better to get the right males face sharper), ISO 3200, natural light, handheld, FF, clean up a few pieces of debris on the ground.

Just for fun I included a second image in pane #2, when these two toms finally had enough of my presence ha ha.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Rejected toms leave the scene

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Front and back, ehhhhh, made me laugh. Really nice, Dan. Thank you for sharing.
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Funny Daniel, enjoyed the parting gift ;-)

You have some memorable turkey shots. The composition choice is nice with the subjects in front of the blooms then the open space at right. Like that we can see the feet and the faint green up front frames well.

Feels like the one on the right is just a touch out-of-plane but still a nice photo. Cheers!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

This is a fun shot. Even thought the back bird is a bit soft, I think it still adds to the frame and story. The stuff behind the birds is really cool and far enough back so that it's not a distraction. Low angle and composition are great. I might, however, like the rear view even more. They look like a couple out for a stroll!
    Last edited by Daniel Cadieux; 05-16-2023 at 06:34 AM.

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

A pleasure to view, I like the two images and the colours are just terrific.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Relly nice image Dan, just a thought and now a breeze in Lr, but adding a tad more 'layering' ie lightening BKG, darkening slightly the FG and using a touch of Tone Curve on the subjects gives some more depth.

ISO3200 a breeze for the R6.

TFS
    Steve
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice low angle and love the duo! The back bird is a bit soft, but it still works nicely!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Too funny. F/13 would have brought up distracting detail in the sumac background ...

with love, a
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.