Thread: Chaffinch

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Chaffinch

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi folks ...
    a " grab shot " of this species , not at a set up .
    I just rested on a bench at my working place during lunch break and used Audio to get the Finch close to the bench .
    For those who wish for a better HA .... I would argue it is very fine for me

Canon EOS R3
    RF 100 - 500 IS L + 1,4 RF TC
    HH

F 10 ; Iso 4000 ; 1/2500 sec

Processed with Capture One and PSCC 2023 ; slight crop from RHS ; removed a couple of twigs in BG and one across the bird .

Thanks for looking and commenting to my previous postings

Cheers Andreas

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Andreas, sorry buddy but I don't think this is up to your usual standard in terms of processing.
    The jpeg appears to be clipped at both ends and I feel the image as a whole appears a little bright.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

It looks ok to me....The first thing that I noticed was the HA....I am sure if it was a few degrees towards the viewer it would be more pleasing to the eye....You got some nice detail on the bird and I like the perch...It does look 'natural' ....Colours on the bird look good and I really like the BG...All fits well together.....Jon....It don't look too bright here, but maybe that's the iMac....

Will

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Jon and Will for your comments , much appreciated .

@ Will ... glad you like it basically , the HA always a big thing here ... for me personally there is no need to get head turned more towards the camera each and every time . Like here the head is completely parallel to the camera ... not looking towards the back . The subject is facing the empty space ... so for me basically good , but i do agree a slight head turn would be a good option .

@ Jon ... for me the image is not too bright overall , but it could go darker by -0.2 without hurting the image ... image was captured around early afternoon in full sun so i went for a bright presentation .
    The clipping well ... what is clipped Jon ??!!! It is the red channel that is slightly clipped and the blue channel in the blacks . Blue channel does play a small roll in the overall RGB ... you can delete it and this will make a small difference in the overall tones . I could have replaced the blue with the green channel .... to have no visual clipping in the RGB histogram . The red channel is clipped in the HL but as it is the only channel that is clipped in there , no issue for me , just a question of cosmetics IMHO .
    The luminosity is far away from clipping ... meaning the tones are looking good basically

As a consequence of that i would kindly disagree with your comment ... the image being not at my processing standard , you might still disagree . That is ok for me ....

Cheers Andreas

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I'm fine with he processing of this image. Looks good to my eye. I agree with Will, a small head turn would have been nice, but it's still acceptable as far as my option goes. Good work Andreas