Thread: PS Version 24.4.0

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default PS Version 24.4.0

OK, for those of you who have PS, you may had updated to the latest version and have seen/noticed it now incorporates Denoise within the Sharpening Module, but it’s not the full blown version of Topaz AI that you have been used to, to me its more of a 'basic' version.

If you have an older machine ie Mac Intel it can take several minutes to actually process the Raw file when used, but with the new Macs it’s around 30 secs for a 24MB file. Note, if you do try it, make sure it’s the first adjustment you do before anything else, as Lr may create some artefacts when you make some adjustments prior, then go to DN. After pressing the 'Enhance' button and it does it's thing, it then creates a DNG file which you then work on, for those who use using DX for NR, the results are almost identical, however DX PureRaw3 doesn’t create a true DNG file, however….

Looking at Topaz DN AI, Photo AI & DX they all do a far job in controlling noise, but often it simply comes down to the actual Raw file itself and so..., one (IMHO) may perform sometimes better than the others, albeit DXO is certainly not for me.

Lastly, the ‘Remove tool’ within PS is currently going through a massive update, and when launched, will be perhaps one of PS best tools out, it’s amazing what it does currently within the Beta version, even with complicated removal it’s a breeze, with little if any need/requirement for additional tools like Clone stamp, Healing brush….
    Last edited by Steve Kaluski; 04-19-2023 at 01:02 PM.
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Steve ... good to see you are " alive " , albeit you are not really surface here in the forums .. which i do find not " ideal " as i do miss your contributions in any form !!!!!

I do not want to discuss the various software you are talking about , you might know that i am NO fan of any Topaz product ... as far as i have heard all products will end in Photo Ai , when rumours are true . For me unimportant as i was never satisfied with their products according to my personal diverse trials with them .

Adobe made a clever turn bringing it to LR /ACR , just had a quick go with it ... results are not bad . By using the new stuff , you do loose the ability to open the file as a object fur further editing in LR/ACR .... which is a downside of that route , but i might be wrong .

The remove tool is crazy good .... folks will need less skills for clean up and i think a lot will use it massively to create super clean shots . But hey that is the future with all that AI stuff .

Hope you are ok

Cheers Andreas

Threads
    Thank You Posts

By using the new stuff , you do loose the ability to open the file as a object fur further editing in LR/ACR .... which is a downside of that route , but i might be wrong .
    Not sure what makes you think that, it creates a true DNG file which will be next to the Raw within Lr, you can then continue to do whatever additional adjustments that you care to chose, either with Lr or PS. At the end of the day it all comes back to what you choose to use to achieve the end result YOU want, but again, as I said, it ALL comes back to the RAW, as some perform better than others and that NO one NR software is better than the other, albeit DX you have zero options available, use just hit the button and out it churns, probably ideal for folk who have limited PP skills.
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Will try again once home ... and see if i can manage to open the as an object into PS , i might have made a fault yesterday ... as i did that " on the run "

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Open as an ‘object’ ????

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Yes to go back from PS into LR/ACR ... for potential further editing in LR/ACR .... well ACR in my case . LR in yours ...