Thread: Musk Rat

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Musk Rat

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi folks ... before it is dying here , I just thought I do post something new from today
    I am in testing mode of new kit
    Got my self a RF 1,4 x and 2x TC
    Went out to shoot whatever is coming in front of my lens ... mainly birds ... but I got the opportunity to took a couple of shots of the musk rat on a dreary day , dark heavy clouds covering the sky .
    Regardless I used the 100 - 500 IS L with the 2x TC a crazy combo with being wide open at F 14

But see yourself , image itself is not that crazy exciting ....

Canon EOS R3
    RF 100 - 500 IS L + 2x TC
    HH

F 14 ; Iso 51.200 ; 1/2500 sec

Processed with Capture One and PSCC 2023 , cropped to about 75 % of FF

Cheers Andreas

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello Andreas,

Saw this post the other day but as I started to comment the power went...My apologies. Cool image and I quite like this character. Looks a bit like our cane rat in SA

Just curious, is the tongue this red or you enhanced it a bit? Otherwise colours and tones look good and detail is nice, POV not bad at all.

ISO 51.200 wow... great work Boetie. F 14 worked well here, frame is well processed with nice detail. Well exposed too.

Enjoyed this, thank you for sharing and I hope you have a great rest of the week,

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Good morning Gabriela ... no need to apologize , more than happy to receive at least one comment in these slow times here in Wildlife .
    I do actually loosing the fun to post here ... in wildlife , but will move on .
    I am planning a trip shortly across Europe to concentrate on mammals .
    Target species will be again Squirrels , Hamster and Chamois . I will be visiting Vienna and France for that . Trip will be a road trip ... with lots of km to cover .

Regarding the `tongue ` .... nothing enhanced and these are actually the front teeth . And the coloration is normal

Have a nice day

Cheers Andreas

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello Andreas,

I try chip in as often as I can, just do not get to switch my computer on as often as in the past...this is due to 'load shedding'. Hope you have a wonderful trip and get to photograph some nice subjects! I am off to Kruger National Park next month, yay. Camping of course.

Thank you for explanation re. teeth, I see it now. Do remember, those chaps have yellow teeth.

I'll try post something at the week-end when and if I have electricity...on my laptop now - how crazy this is...mostly on a generator so too afraid to switch on the big Mac in case something goes wrong.

Have a wonderful rest of the week, and thank you so much for sharing!

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

It may not be exciting Andreas but it looks pretty good, I still have not seen a muskrat..... so I would have been excited! I can't comment on the muskrat colours but they look good. The grass and bank look a little on the yellow side to me.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriela Plesea View Post
    Hello Andreas,

I try chip in as often as I can, just do not get to switch my computer on as often as in the past...this is due to 'load shedding'. Hope you have a wonderful trip and get to photograph some nice subjects! I am off to Kruger National Park next month, yay. Camping of course.

Thank you for explanation re. teeth, I see it now. Do remember, those chaps have yellow teeth.

I'll try post something at the week-end when and if I have electricity...on my laptop now - how crazy this is...mostly on a generator so too afraid to switch on the big Mac in case something goes wrong.

Have a wonderful rest of the week, and thank you so much for sharing!

Kind regards,
    Hope you will have a great time in Kruger ....

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashton View Post
    It may not be exciting Andreas but it looks pretty good, I still have not seen a muskrat..... so I would have been excited! I can't comment on the muskrat colours but they look good. The grass and bank look a little on the yellow side to me.
    Thanks Jon .... come over we have loads of them , albeit they are not naturally living here .... animal aliens . Jon I must giggle that you saying , the grass is more on the yellow side .... just look at the thumbnails ( of Harvey and the Muskrat above him ) . What would you call the grass color in the Harvey image ??? It is not even necessary to open them up in PS .... to see difference . But I take your words as your personal taste , I am happy with the grass color .

Cheers Andreas

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas Liedmann View Post
    Hope you will have a great time in Kruger ....
    I hope so too, thank you Andreas! Have a wonderful week ahead!

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea