Thread: Brown hare (Lepus europaeus) (IV)

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Brown hare (Lepus europaeus) (IV)

Attached Images Attached Images

Here's another shot of "Harvey" I think colours are ok I pulled the overall exposure back and lowered the highlights.
    Focal Length (35 mm conversion) : 518.0mm
    ISO : 1600
    Exposure compensation : +0.7 EV
    Exposure mode : Manual exposure
    Shutter : 1/2500 sec
    F number : F5.6

ACR/PSCC
    Last edited by Jonathan Ashton; 03-25-2023 at 02:37 AM.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I must admit I am a little confused, I am looking at the image 24hr later and I see different colours to the ones I thought I had posted! The hare appears to be to orange and the grass perhaps has too much blue in it? My PC is located in a temporary position, we have still not moved into the new house yet maybe things will settle down when I have relocated the PC and screen. My browser is google Chrome and I have used force color profile to sRGB.
    Last edited by Jonathan Ashton; 03-26-2023 at 03:21 AM.

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello Jon!

Lovely pose from the subject and nice POV.

Have you tried viewing this image and your previous one side by side, I think it will help you figure out the colour dilemma. To me the previous image was spot-on, see if you can apply the same 'treatment' here

PS. Not sure what you mean by 'force colour profile'?

Warmest regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Jon another nice Harvey shot ... I do like again the head on approach of him .
    Taking your words about tone and color .... this got nothing to do with your set up of your screen or machine . Regardless of the position in a dark or light environment .... it is just you who is fiddling and creating multiple versions of one image and get lost in all the images . To check your colors , regardless of your screen set up ... use the color sampler tool and check the read outs to identify any " false " colors . Quite easy ...

If you have a lot of images taken from one shoot ... i.e. Harvey , just copy color settings from one to the other .... easy , and you will have consistent colors on the whole series of images .

You leaving me puzzled with Google Chrome forcing into something weird .... I think will show colors by default in sRGB , but I might be well wrong . At least I do not fiddle with my browser no nmatter which browser I do use .

Cheers Andreas

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas Liedmann View Post
    Hi Jon another nice Harvey shot ... I do like again the head on approach of him .
    Taking your words about tone and color .... this got nothing to do with your set up of your screen or machine . Regardless of the position in a dark or light environment .... it is just you who is fiddling and creating multiple versions of one image and get lost in all the images . To check your colors , regardless of your screen set up ... use the color sampler tool and check the read outs to identify any " false " colors . Quite easy ...

If you have a lot of images taken from one shoot ... i.e. Harvey , just copy color settings from one to the other .... easy , and you will have consistent colors on the whole series of images .

You leaving me puzzled with Google Chrome forcing into something weird .... I think will show colors by default in sRGB , but I might be well wrong . At least I do not fiddle with my browser no nmatter which browser I do use .

Cheers Andreas
    You are absolutely right Andreas, I have just checked my ACR color settings and PSCC settings......they were not consistent!
    Last edited by Jonathan Ashton; 03-27-2023 at 08:22 AM.