Thank You Posts

Default Flying Finches

Attached Images Attached Images

Canon R6
    f/4 400mm DO Mk2
    f/6.3
    1/5000
    ISO 2000

Another from the set up last week......Two Chaffinches having a wee squabble......Gimbal Head...ACR, Topaz DN and PS.

Will

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

A fine shot Will colours and action look good. Not too sure if the stump was necessary, it sort of makes me think you put seed there are that is why they are squabbling.......nos stump and it looks perhaps a little more difficult to get!
    I am not too sure if the RHS bird's head/eye are spot on, looks pretty close though.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Colors look good on the birds and background goes well with them. I wish the bird that is to the left and the sharpest was turned towards us a little more. Great action that you captured. I know these guys are fast. Not sure about the perch. Not sure if it would be better without. TFS

Threads
    Thank You Posts

These types of images are so tough to pull off. This one is close. You could probably double, even triple the ISO giving yourself more room to stop down (assuming the BG is far enough to absorb the extra dof). Pesky rolling-shutter lines on the wings - you could maybe judiciously gaussian blur them out, but otherwise they are one of the very few negatives I have about the R6 - all the positives of that camera far outweigh this. Keep it up - such fun setups to work with!!