Thread: European Kingfisher ( F ) X

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default European Kingfisher ( F ) X

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi all ...
    I keep on boring you with my KF images , went yesterday and gave it another go .
    This time I tried the dive into the water and return out of it . With the help of a netting to keep the fish inside a " bucket " . Was a big disaster in terms of good results .... the KF dived almost never in the focal plane ( manual focus and remote trigger ) .
    Light was again really poor .... so I could not really go with F 11 to maximize the potential success .

But at least I got some other shots on the perch and even a second KF was around ... a male .

Canon EOS 1Dx III
    EF 200 - 400 IS L at 400 mm
    Tripod

F 4 ; Iso 5000 ; 1/800 sec

Processed with DPP 4 and PSCC 2023; cropped from horizontal to portrait for better comp.

Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous postings .

Cheers Andreas

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Oooh, a double catch...neat! I do wish the fish were sharper, but the light was working against you for better shutter speeds. I like it anyhow. Good colours, perch, BG. man I'd love to have opportunities like this with our KFs...they are incredibly wary. I can't blame you for going back, it must be addicitve.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Andreas love your kingfishers post away. A beautiful subject. This one doesn't work as well for me as much as your last one. The reflection in the eye being so busy just draws my attention. Also the second minnow being so out of focus the one with the tail going upwards draws my attention too taking away from the subject.
    The colors and the background look good. Looking forward to more KF. TFS

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Andreas.....This would be so much better if the fish were more in focus......It does give the image movement, but a faster SS would have nailed it...The bird, pose, details all look good, as does the perch....Nice colours on the BG.....It's a great bird to get addicted to...

Will

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I l ike it and I like the movement in the fish too, colours look good ...perhaps the legs/feet just a little too saturated???