Thread: Graylag Goose

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Graylag Goose

Attached Images Attached Images

I captured this image at Lake Morton in Lakeland, Florida. These seem to have developed a feral population at the lakes in the city. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D500
    Nikon 500mm PF, camera and lens supported by a Oben carbon fiber monopod with a Wimberly MonoGimbal head
    1/1600 F/5.6 Matrix Metering EV 0 ISO 2000 Auto 1 WB, image captured at 500mm (750mm 35mm Equivalent)
    Post processed using Lightroom Classic, and Topaz Photo AI
    Canvas added on right side for composition and presentation
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Joe:

I love the texture of the feathers, the color palette is nice as well. Well exposed. The goose looks pretty mellow and comfortable with you.

I agree with adding the canvas on the right, but overall wish the image wasn't as tight. I might try to tease out a bit more sharpness along the lower portion of the bill

Cheers

Randy
    MY BPN ALBUMS

"Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy" Sir Isaac Newton

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Stout View Post
    Joe:

I love the texture of the feathers, the color palette is nice as well. Well exposed. The goose looks pretty mellow and comfortable with you.

I agree with adding the canvas on the right, but overall wish the image wasn't as tight. I might try to tease out a bit more sharpness along the lower portion of the bill

Cheers

Randy
    Hi Randy, thank you for viewing, and suggesting improvements. I edited the image per your suggestions. Here is a repost.
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Really nice detail on this portrait Joe! I agree it's maybe a bit tight, but it doesn't bother me so much with a portrait image like this. Regardless the RP is nice too! I like the green BG it adds some contrast to the image

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like the image colours and details look great. When going in so close however tends to concentrate the eye and start looking at DOF, I wish the bill tip was a little sharper and if the feathers at the left edge of the neck were sharp then that would be the cherry on top.