Thread: European Bison ( M )

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default European Bison ( M )

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi folks very quiet .... here in wildlife , so I thought throw on the defibrillator ...... to give the patient new life
    Just to keep it running a simple portrait of these wonderful Bisons

Image captured in the Netherlands close to the coast of Zandvoort .

Canon EOS R3
    RF 100 - 500 IS L at 223 mm
    HH

F 5,6 ; Iso 2000 ; 1/1250 sec

Processed with DPP 4 and PSCC 2023 ; full frame

Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous images

Cheers Andreas

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Andres your Bison images are absolutely superb, this one is no exception either. The colours are very impressive as are the details. The tones show details in dark and light areas, the overall composition is pleasing and the foreground adds a little sense of environment. I can sense the density of the Bison's coat - very impressive.
    I would love to be able to take some images of the these magnificent animals in the future.

No animals for me to photograph recently but hoping to move house shortly - to the countryside! There are hares in the fields adjacent to our back yard/garden along with a nearby badger set. I am told foxes badgers and bats abound too - so hopefully I will be able to send some new images in over the next few months. I'll be putting out the bird feeders this weekend so hopefully I should get some regulars to the garden in a short space of time.

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Lovely Bison portrait Andreas, subject fills the frame so nicely - wonderful colours and tones, good detail on the face, especially the eye. Nice FG too, the vegetation and flowers add to the image, the clean BG brings subject to the fore. I like it

Would love to process some more images and join you here but things rather difficult at this time... situation here in SA is dire, I am afraid - no electricity for four hours at a time, usually twice during the day, also at night. Busy looking at some solutions but it takes time.

Enjoyed your image, very much - thank you for sharing!

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks so much Jon and Gabriela for your kind comments , much appreciated .

@ Gabriela ... sorry to hear about your ongoing power issues in SA . Is it countrywide or just really bad in your area . Was thinking to come to SA the other day .... as the Rand is quite weak compared to the Euro , so I could save some bucks .

Cheers Andreas

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas Liedmann View Post
    Thanks so much Jon and Gabriela for your kind comments , much appreciated .

@ Gabriela ... sorry to hear about your ongoing power issues in SA . Is it countrywide or just really bad in your area . Was thinking to come to SA the other day .... as the Rand is quite weak compared to the Euro , so I could save some bucks .

Cheers Andreas
    Andreas, the situation is dire and yes the entire country is subjected to load shedding. Every day we have power cuts, sometimes four hours at a time and other times two hours. Today we were out for eight hours so far and tonight again between 23:00 and 01:30.
    So not sure what to advise you, we booked a camping trip for Kruger Park in May and renting a 4x4 trailer, I think they have generators in some of the camps but not everywhere.
    Indeed the Rand is weak and you can count on a cheap holiday...but then it all depends where you go. Whatsapp me with your plans and we can chat more about this... as well as safety issues etc.

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very well done Andreas....The detail you captured is really nice....I like the crop and the flowers add......The only thing I would change would be to remove the grass over the nose...

Good work

Will

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks for your comment Will