Thread: Sandwich Tern

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Sandwich Tern

Attached Images Attached Images

I captured this image last October at Ft. DeSoto County Park in Pinellas County, Florida. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D500
    Nikon 500mm PF, Handheld
    1/5000 F/8 Matrix Metering EV 0 ISO 1000 Auto 1 WB, image captured at 500mm (750mm 35mm Equivalent)
    Post processed using Lightroom Classic, Photoshop CC 2023 and Topaz Denoise AI
    Cropped for composition and presentation
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Super details and exposure - a gem! The water seems a slightly electric blue to me but that is probably me being jealous of your light over there!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Not usually my favorite wing position, but it works here IMO. Interesting "M" shape to them. Gorgeous blues. Maybe more sharpening to the face? I'd surely lose the lower catchlight if mine, and maybe explore a version with some CCW rotation (just based on the apparent "sloping" of the water patterns...could be just creating an illusion but worth giving it t go).

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice Joe....Because of the POV I like the flight pose....Great feather detail....I hear Jon about the BG colour....as he said jealous of the light.

Will

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Wing pose works well with the bird's path of flight; they frame the face well. Exposure and details look great. I'd lose the lower catchlight as Dan suggested. Could see a bit more sharpening on the face, but it's not a deal breaker without it. Well done!