Thread: White-faced Ibis

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default White-faced Ibis

Attached Images Attached Images

I rarely get a change to image these birds as eastern Missouri is out of their normal range. I was stoked when this aberrant flew in
    and started hanging with some Black-necked Stilts I was imaging. Taken early June last year. Full frame. I was at a swampy, mud
    flat so this was about as clean as the water and background got. Processed primarily with DxO PureRaw.
    Nikon Z9, 500mmF4VRII, TC-14EIII
    f7.1, 1/1250s, iso640

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

By getting a low POV you have nicely minimized the effect of the swampy water. Colors of the bird are terrific-in my experience not always easy to do with this bird. The water between the toes is a bonus. Black OOF spot in front of head is a little distracting.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Excellent view of this bird. Colors look great in the direct sun, and we can see the pinkish eyes and legs which differentiate this species from the related Glossy.

Foot and leg are fantastic, but I'd really like to see more of that trademark beak.

Low angle really blends the BG elements into a pleasing canvas, so well done on that front. Agree the dark spot in front of the forehead could be evicted for the sake of cleanliness.

I have nothing of this widespread bird, so I'm envious of this frame!

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like the low angle and the colours, I am not a fan of the bill in the water, I would have preferred just as the bill was lifted to maybe catch a few droplets.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

This looks great Jack! Well photographed and processed - the colours look accurate and pleasing. Low angle is my kinda thing, so kudos on lying in the dirty stuff. The film of water between the toes is super cool. If anyhting, I wonder if you have a bit more room below? The hidden foot is close to the edge as is, and a complete leg reflection would have been neat to have. Having said this, very nicely done!!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Well done Jack.....Wow, look at those colours on the feathers.....Nice POV, pose and colours throughout.....All looks good to me.

Will