Thread: Mud Bubbles...

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Mud Bubbles...

Attached Images Attached Images

This image of a Sanderling walking along the beach probing the sand is from a 2021 trip to Ft. Desoto in Pinellas County, Florida. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D500
    Nikon 500mm PF + Nikon 1.4 III Teleconverter, camera and lens supported by a Oben carbon fiber monopod with a Wimberly MonoGimbal head
    1/3200 F/8 Matrix Metering EV 0 ISO 1400 Auto 1 WB, image captured at 700mm (1050mm 35mm Equivalent)
    Post processed using Lightroom Classic, Photoshop CC 2023 and Topaz Photo AI
    Cropped for composition and presentation
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Joe .. a very cool and usual " bubble shot " .
    NIcely seen , executed and processed .

TFS Andreas

3. Thanks Joseph Przybyla thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Joe, a very curious little fella here.

Cool pose and the blubs on the bill tell a story - I presume hunting in the sand for worms? Good job taking one in the series with some separation in the legs.

It looks like you handled processing well here. Nice exposure, a bit of warmth comes through and plenty sharp even into the legs and feet.

Thought the clutter in the sand might bother but I think I'm good with it as it's very native and nothing intersects or distract from the subject/head.

Adding a little gradient at bottom could help viewing a bit but a really nice frame altogether

5. Thanks Joseph Przybyla thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

THat's the low stuff I love! This is a really nice view of this beach bum! Exposure and detail are spot on, and I think the shell-strewn beach tells a nice story. I would probably move the subject down in the frame; the bottom inch of so
    doesn't add anything to the story ad you'd get a bit more of that beautiful blue-gray at the top. San on beak is great. I've never seen anything like it, so it makes for a unique image. Well done.

7. Thanks Joseph Przybyla thanked for this post
    BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas Liedmann View Post
    Hi Joe .. a very cool and usual " bubble shot " .
    NIcely seen , executed and processed .

TFS Andreas
    Thanks Andreas, much appreciated.
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Sump View Post
    Joe, a very curious little fella here.

Cool pose and the blubs on the bill tell a story - I presume hunting in the sand for worms? Good job taking one in the series with some separation in the legs.

It looks like you handled processing well here. Nice exposure, a bit of warmth comes through and plenty sharp even into the legs and feet.

Thought the clutter in the sand might bother but I think I'm good with it as it's very native and nothing intersects or distract from the subject/head.

Adding a little gradient at bottom could help viewing a bit but a really nice frame altogether
    Thanks Brian, much appreciated. I give adding a slight gradient at the bottom a try.
    Joe Przybyla

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian Anderson View Post
    THat's the low stuff I love! This is a really nice view of this beach bum! Exposure and detail are spot on, and I think the shell-strewn beach tells a nice story. I would probably move the subject down in the frame; the bottom inch of so
    doesn't add anything to the story ad you'd get a bit more of that beautiful blue-gray at the top. San on beak is great. I've never seen anything like it, so it makes for a unique image. Well done.
    Thanks Dorian, much appreciated. I'll give your suggestions a try, thank you for suggesting.
    Joe Przybyla