Thread: Red Squirrel wider view ...

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Red Squirrel wider view ...

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi folks ... trying to keep the forum running with this one , nothing to get excited about .
    Just test driving the lens , in all sorts of scenarios .
    Location is very dark at that spot , even when sky is clear ... it is just in a small spot surrounded by large fir trees so even in winter no light actually .

Canon EOS R3
    RF 100 - 500 IS L at 270 mm
    HH

F 5,6 ; Iso 16000 ; 1/800 sec

Processed with DPP 4 and PSCC 2023 ; no crop and i do like the wider view this time .

Thanks for looking and commenting to my previous threads

Cheers Andreas

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Good clean image and I like the colours. The clear background show the squirrel to good effect. I am a little surprised the ear tufts are not more prominent.
    (For what it's worth I much prefer this image to your previous for the very simple reason it fits on my screen!!)

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello Andreas,

I am late here, my apologies, having load shedding a few times per day and schedule changes all the time, which makes it so difficult to plan anything...including my 'BPN' time.

This is a lovely image with great colours and tones and I just love the clarity. Just one small nit, I feel there's not enough at the bottom of the image...one solution would be to crop tighter, but what a pity to lose some of that lovely BG...

Otherwise nice pose, good HA, everything works. DoF is great. Enjoyed viewing Boetie, thank you so much for sharing,

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Jon and Gabriela for your kind comments , much appreciated .

@ Jon ... as far as i know they loose the tufts in spring , but this might be a younger one as well .

@ Gabriela ... you do not miss much here Gabriela , really quiet ...sadly . Regarding your thoughts , the image was taken initially to create exaclty that look . I could have easily moved the camera slightly down , but thought i like the crop

Cheers Andreas

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you Andreas,

Load shedding ended around 7:30 tonight, it is such a pain. Been out looking for wildlife this afternoon but it has been so hot, I gather the animals are only coming out now when it is cooler. So no nice images, just a warthog prancing about and some general game, not very exciting.

Did notice the Forum has been quiet. I am part of the problem, sadly I do not get much time to process. Still love being here, it is like being among friends, we are all people with common interests.

Back to your image, I gather you must have had good reason to frame like this. Just felt slightly unbalanced to me... but no worries, not a big deal and if you like it I'm happy.

Hope you have a wonderful week and I look forward to some squirrels in the snow!

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea