Thread: Red Squirrel drinking melted snow from tree

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Red Squirrel drinking melted snow from tree

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi folks ... one image from last year , no snow in my area so far .

Canon EOS R3
    EF 500 IS L II
    HH

F 4,5 ; Iso 6400 ; 1/500 sec

Processed with DPP 4 and PSCC 2023

THanks for watching and commenting to my previous postings

Cheers Andreas

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

A very interesting behavioural frame Boetie, I like it very much.

Was planning to look in PS but power is about to go off, so just quickly...nice framing and I love the pose as well as the snowflakes. Light wasn't great but you made the best of what there was, don't mind the tree being OOF as it helps make the subject stand out. Colours look great.

Glad you managed to include the tail here, the vertical comp works so well. Nice snowy background. Don't know if you'll agree, there are some bright areas on the tree which I find a tad distracting - not a big issue... just thought I'd mention it.

Overall a lovely image I enjoyed viewing, well seen and taken, good timing and good techs, well exposed and processed. Thank you so much for sharing, wish I had more time to elaborate but in a few minutes my computer screen will go dark...hope you understand

Have a wonderful rest of the week,

Kind regards from your Sister,
    Gabriela Plesea

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Good to see the behaviour as Gabriela noted, the image itself though doesn't really float my boat. The falling snow flakes do not enhance the image for me, they sort of complicate it . As I mentioned ear tufts in the other image I note their almost absence in this one, I wonder if this indicates it is a young squirrel?

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks so much Gabriela and Jon for your constructive feedback , much appreciated .

@ Gabriela ... i am ok with the bright spots as the tree does have this brightness , but as an alternative they could be toned down more . Glad you like it with some minor nits , was tricky this one with the flat light and not to go too conrasty to keep the snow fall feeling .

@ Jon ... itīs totally ok that this one does not fit into your taste , the ear tufts are more prominent in winter , the other image is taken in late summer .

Cheers Andreas