Thread: Wild Hog

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Wild Hog

Attached Images Attached Images

I saw this hog on the side of the road along Blackpoint Wildlife Drive in Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge, Merritt Island, Florida. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D7000
    Nikon 70-300mm F/4.5-5.6 VR AF-S ED, Handheld
    1/500 F/8 Matrix Metering EV 0 ISO 220 Auto WB, image captured at 300mm (450mm 35mm Equivalent)
    Post processed recently using Lightroom Classic, Photoshop CC 2023 and Topaz Denoise
    Cropped for composition and presentation
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Joe, a good capture but the hog appears a little too high in the frame to me, I guess there was good reason for this. I would be inclined to lower the brightness of the grass and possibly darken the foreground a little more than the rest. The hog appears to have some really dark areas especially around the right shoulder, I suspect it would be possible to tease out a little more detai.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashton View Post
    Hi Joe, a good capture but the hog appears a little too high in the frame to me, I guess there was good reason for this. I would be inclined to lower the brightness of the grass and possibly darken the foreground a little more than the rest. The hog appears to have some really dark areas especially around the right shoulder, I suspect it would be possible to tease out a little more detai.
    Thanks Jon, I will revisit the image with your suggestions. Thank you for viewing and commenting.
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Joe ... the darker tones looking flat and featureless , hello Topaz .
    Overall i do like the scene with the hog looking at the viewer ... within all that grass .

IQ is not that great to be honest ... as i do miss finer details across the whole image , wish for a better IQ

TFS Andreas

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas Liedmann View Post
    Hi Joe ... the darker tones looking flat and featureless , hello Topaz .
    Overall i do like the scene with the hog looking at the viewer ... within all that grass .

IQ is not that great to be honest ... as i do miss finer details across the whole image , wish for a better IQ

TFS Andreas
    Hi Andreas, thank you for viewing and commenting. Cheap glass, was captured a long time ago.
    Joe Przybyla