Default Ramp Walk

Attached Images Attached Images

Another one from my Kabini trip.
    1DX II
    100-400 II
    1/640
    f/6.3
    ISO 1600
    Maybe should have upped ISO for more SS. But I seem to have gotten away with it.
    Will try to reduce brightness of the BG foliage if it's distracting.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi SAnjeev ... nice layers from FG to BG and you did well with the exposure and the overall tones .
    Cool to get her walking along her throne .... .
    But for me the missing eye contact and the head facing away is a deal breaker , so as an image it does not really work for me .

TFS Andreas

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Andreas. How often do you see a tiger walking on a tree trunk parallel to you showcasing the beautiful body at eye level ? Just curious, In your elephant image too there is no eye contact. How does that work ?

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Always cool to see a Tiger and this is no exception, especially as the whole body is clear of any thing distracting.

In your elephant image too there is no eye contact. How does that work ?
    I think Sanjeev has a good point here Andreas, not all subjects look towards camera and if they do it's often due to the shutter going off, albeit with mirrorless this isn't a problem.

Maybe should have upped ISO for more SS. But I seem to have gotten away with it.
    Occasionally life smiles on us Sanjeev and you had good Khama on this day.

Will try to reduce brightness of the BG foliage if it's distracting.
    Darken will help the FG, will send you a screen shot using ACR, but it needs to be the latest, then just watch the tour.

TFS
    Steve
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjeev Aurangabadkar View Post
    Thanks Andreas. How often do you see a tiger walking on a tree trunk parallel to you showcasing the beautiful body at eye level ? Just curious, In your elephant image too there is no eye contact. How does that work ?
    No problem that you ask , but i would not try to compare my i.e. elephant or any other image here with your tiger image . Every image is different and should be seen and " judged " on its own .
    I might have used the " wrong " wording .... with the eye contact . A lot of images do show no eye contact , like my Leopard .... but at least the eye is visible and the head or body is not angled away . Which is the case in your image , IMHO.To make the eye visible of an elephant is a different story , but my image does transport another story , for me. And that is my main concern why i do prefer all of your other images you posted of her . Just a matter of taste .
    I would be happy to have this in my collection , but would think the same way .
    Hope this explains my thoughts better , in the end it is most important that you like your image .... and if others like it it as well even better .

Cheers Andreas

Threads
    Thank You Posts

[QUOTE=Steve Kaluski;1274127

I think Sanjeev has a good point here Andreas, not all subjects look towards camera and if they do it's often due to the shutter going off, albeit with mirrorless this isn't a problem.

[/QUOTE]

See my reply to Sanjeev´s question