Thread: Olympic Games .... 100 m Final ..... LOL

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Olympic Games .... 100 m Final ..... LOL

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi folks .... again a frame from Nxai Pan in Botswana .
    Same waterhole , different day and time of the day ..... light was alawys strong apart from morning and evenings . And the sun angle was mostly not on our side due to the waterhole location .
    This Ellie was just resting his hind leg on that termite mound after having a bath / mud spray at the hoöe , my initial thought was he is in the starting block ..... ready to run . But he did not run .....

Canon EOS 1Dx
    EF 200 - 400 IS L at 560 mm
    Beanbag

F 5,6 ; Iso 500 ; 1/ 2000 sec

Processed with DPP 4 and PSCC 2023 ; full frame and for sure heat haze was an issue . It was just brutally hot around 40 - 45 degrees

Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous posting

Cheers Andreas

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice caption Andreas. The heat is palpable in the image! The mud caked elephant and the pose with hind limb on the rock is quite interesting. Good low angle too. T F S.

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Cute pose Andreas, enjoyed the image as well as title. I can almost feel the heat...well it's very hot here at the moment so I don't find it too difficult

Nice framing and POV. Light not ideal and heat haze quite a hindrance I am sure, but you have managed to portray the scene and conditions very well, nicely done!

Even the sky looks hot... I quite like that you did not blur the BG completely, one can actually see the heat haze. Ele looks tired, even its trunk is lying limp on the ground.

Those are my thoughts for now, enjoyed viewing something different and I thank you so much for sharing,

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like the processing and it is an unusual image. For some reason though it does not really get my attention too much, sorry but I don't really engage much with this one.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Certainly a different perspective of a portrait of an Elephant Andreas and I too would not have questioned taking it. The heat haze is very evident giving a shimmering/ghostly appearance to the image and not sure if running some NR might help just to ease things??? I also wonder if f/5.6 was the right aperture. perhaps f/8 and adding a levels adjustment? Unlike Jon, I'm liking it more than not.

TFS
    Steve
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks folks for your commenst , much appreciated .
    I knew this would be a tougher one .

@ Steve ... no i would not remove the heat haze artifacts , as they belong to the overall image , for me.

Cheers Andreas