Thread: The Queen and her wooden throne !

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default The Queen and her wooden throne !

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi folks,
    This was a special sighting for me. The tigress walked a bit along the forest dirt track and then decided to get on to a fallen log of a tree an 'perched' there for sometime. There were about half a dozen 4x4's and all of then lined up for this. I urged my driver to take me parallel to her so I could get some good shots. This was an opportunity NOT to be missed so I pressed him to position it correctly. And he and the tiger obliged! This is full frame, nothing cleaned up, nothing cloned.
    1DX II
    100-400 II @ 278mm
    1/1000
    f/5.6
    ISO 3200

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Sanjeev ... you really had a great go with that lady !!!
    Almost looking unreal .... too good to be true , the posing and the throne .
    Does look very good to me as setting and overall presentation .
    Personally I might try to darken the green foliage , but not globally .... just my take .

TFS Andreas

3. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Andreas! Yes it was unreal for me too, but it was real and too good For me one of the best tiger sighting I had. By darkening there green foliage, you mean in the FG or BG? I hope the sharpening is ok?

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

A beauty Sanjeev, congratulations

Wonderful image, such elegant pose from the tigress and I love the 'perch'. Nice eye contact. Good framing too. Lovely colours... It all works!

I think Andreas was suggesting you darken the foliage in the FG, to help achieve a more 3D feel.

Overall a well executed and processed frame, you should be very pleased with this. Enjoyed viewing, very much, thank you for sharing.

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

6. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjeev Aurangabadkar View Post
    Thanks Andreas! Yes it was unreal for me too, but it was real and too good For me one of the best tiger sighting I had. By darkening there green foliage, you mean in the FG or BG? I hope the sharpening is ok?
    Sanjeev ... this image is so cool , i would try to make it more " attractive " in terms of tones creating a more " 3D effect " ..... to make the subject stand out more , besides the pure presence in this nice setting . My feeling is you have made mainly global adjustments in your processing . Will try to make an RP later when i am home and find the time . Sharpening does look ok to me.

Cheers andreas

8. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post