Thread: Another Great Hunter ..

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Another Great Hunter ..

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi folks ... another one from Kamtchatka .
    This time a bigger Boy hunting sucessfully Salmon in the Kambalnaya River bed , different location than the previous posting .
    The three days there at the river have been my most thrilling shooting experience .... being as close as 4-5 meters to those fishing beasts , giving a **** about human presence .
    Again a bit tight ... in the heat of the moment .... added canvas to the top and RHS , to gain a bit more room and better composition as the bear is looking somehow to the right .

Had to push the image quite far ... as the scene was really dull , due to the dense fog . Tried to keep the foggy appearance in the BG .

Canon EOS 1Dx II
    EF 200 - 400 IS L at 260 mm
    HH

F 6,3 ; Iso 3200 ; 1/3200 sec ... SS a bit of an overkill due to operator error .

Processed with DPP 4 and PSCC 2023 , added canvas to the top and RHS

THanks for watching and commenting to my previous posting ....

Cheers Andreas

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Another cool image of the bear fishing! The water trailing from the salmon is a nice touch. Agree a bit tight but you managed it well. Good colours and details in the bear despite the lighting conditions.

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Superb, loving the action and the composition is fine for me. Colours look good as do details. I appreciate the foggy atmosphere you mentioned but I would personally add a small amount of contrast to the bear, I think it makes him even more centre of attention.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

You will have had two bodies, having the 70-200f/2.8 to hand would have been the goal and nailed this awesome scene with space Andreas. Always in hindsight, but still another nice capture of a great subject.

TFS
    Steve
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks guys for your kind comments , much appreciated .

Cheers Andreas

Threads
    Thank You Posts

[QUOTE=Steve Kaluski;1273938]You will have had two bodies, having the 70-200f/2.8 to hand would have been the goal and nailed this awesome scene with space Andreas. Always in hindsight, but still another nice capture of a great subject.

TFS

Yes it would have been nice , but i was not fast enough to anticipate the scenery and action .... it was simply overwhelming to shoot at that location , too many bears at the same time . You sit there ... and shoot one bear , than you hear it splashing and you turn around , sometimes too much for the photographer . All that happening at the river stretch of maybe 50 m in length ..... plus you have photo colleagues , calling you .... look here . It was an unforgetable experience ....
    Maybe next time i will remember your suggestion .... at least i will try .

Cheers andreas

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashton View Post
    Superb, loving the action and the composition is fine for me. Colours look good as do details. I appreciate the foggy atmosphere you mentioned but I would personally add a small amount of contrast to the bear, I think it makes him even more centre of attention.
    Thanks Jon .... just for you the RP