Thread: Blue-eared Kingfisher-Male

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Blue-eared Kingfisher-Male

Attached Images Attached Images

Here is a male Blue-eared KF also known as the river KF. Photographed in monsoon rains in western ghats of India.
    1DX II
    700mm
    1/320
    f/5.6
    ISO 6400

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Think you were fortunate that he turned his head, but I like that slight jaunty angle, slightly titled as they do. I just wonder abound cropping so you loose the brown segment? If you want the rain you need a much slower SS Sanjeev.

TFS
    Steve
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like the rain droplets, but agree with Steve about a slower SS would have worked better. I personally wish you had more head turn on this.

4. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post
    Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Sanjeev keep the same aperture just drop the SS, the slower the SS the more defined the streaks IMHO, more DoF can swallow the rain up.

I like the rain droplets, but agree with Steve about a slower SS would have worked better. I personally wish you had more head turn on this.
    I think Kurt, because they are constantly twitching and moving as you know, we all tend to go for a higher SS to freeze the subject, but now with Digital it's always worth a punt, as you have nothing to loose, just some space on a card. Also, now with the wave of Mirrorless and option to shoot at much higher fps, we can often forget what older bodies deliver. Certainly the 1DXMK2 is no slouch with 14fps, but with Mirrorless and going electronic, 30+ fps are now available to us, so it's perhaps a tad easier these days and to go slower, but shoot easily 60, 70, 80fps, so within that range there will be 'several' sharp with the streaking rain adding greater atmosphere.
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

6. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post