Thread: Red Squirrel

Threaded View

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Red Squirrel

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi folks ... my goto subject at times .
    Short drive and see if they are cooperative or not at that location , just a public park close by.
    I am always trying to capture these critters while moving to avoid the static appearance of the image ... but man that is tough business !!!
    Specially they stay in the darker parts of the park ... with not much light or it is super contrasty when the sun is shining .
    So i tried on one of the lawn araes to capture them moving .... again difficult ... as if you stop , they come quick to you hoping for food . Or if you move down to quick they do run away .... these little buggers .
    So i bumped up the SS to freeze motion ... as they move fast , 1/2000 is not fast enough even when they turn their heads around . So i dialed in 1/3200 sec ... to get something .

With hindsight i wish i had used the flip screen for lower POV , but it is ( for me ) more difficult to follow them .

Canon EOS R3
    RF 100 - 500 IS L at 260 mm
    HH

F 7,1 ; Iso 10000 ; 1/3200 sec

Processed with Capture One and PSCC 2023 ; cropped for comp and added canvas to the LHS as i was not fast enough for the perfect framing .

Thanks for looking and commenting to my previous postings

Cheers Andreas