Thread: Tiger cub

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Tiger cub

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi everyone!
    Have you been missing tigers lately?? Well here is one from my recent trip. I have been out of action due to various reasons, but finally made time to get to a forest/sanctuary last week. And got some some good sightings. This was one of the two cubs we saw with their mother in evening.
    5D IV
    500mm f/4 L II
    1/1600
    f/7.1
    ISO 1000
    Manual exposure auto ISO

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Sanjeev a very warm welcome back and YES, we have missed Tigers!!!!

Lovely sighting of this youngster, and I like the way the vegetation frames the subject. Nice alert pose with the mouth slightly open and an inquisitive look. Tech look good and colour, albeit on the laptop. I'm in favour of leaving room around the subject, but I think you could come in a little bit more with a 10x8 crop????

Look forward to seeing more and thanks to contributing with comments, sadly lots of lurkers but no comments.

Cheers
    Steve
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

3. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you Steve for your comments. I will post another one from this sighting with a different crop. Feels so nice to be back on the forum.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Better to have you on board, hopefully the young Haseeb will be here soon too.
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Sanjeev .... good to see you here and great that you had the opportunity to go out into the woods to find something to photograph .
    And yes for sure we miss Tiger shots .... not too many folks here do have the opportunity

Nice opener ... i do specially like the pose , looks still cute with those large paws compared to the childish head and facial expression . Good use of the track leading into the frame .... and the framing of the shrub on both sides add as well .
    Color and tone looking good , as does the sharpness . Personally i do think the image does carry too much of yellow / orange overall .... matter of taste .
    FRom the aesthetic POV .... i might darken the sides to make the subject stand out more .

Cool shot and TFS Andreas

7. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post
    Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice indeed Sanjeev and I like the colours. I am always pleased to see a picture of a tiger - especially one so dramatic as this.....but a few shots of the beautiful birds or other mammals would not go amiss. I wonder if a subtle vignette would help presentation in this image?