Thread: Turkey Vulture... Florida's Condor

Hybrid View

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Turkey Vulture... Florida's Condor

Attached Images Attached Images

I captured this image at a stop along Blackpoint Wildlife Drive in Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge, Merritt Island, Florida. The bird was perched on top of a sign, so I opted for a close-up to eliminated the sign from the image. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D500
    Nikon 500mm PF, camera and lens supported by a Oben carbon fiber monopod with a Wimberly MonoGimbal head
    1/3200 F/5.6 Matrix Metering EV 0 ISO 250 Auto 1 WB, image captured at 500mm (750mm 35mm Equivalent)
    Post processed using Lightroom Classic, Photoshop CC 2023 and Topaz Denoise AI, removed whitewash from a few feathers
    Cropped for composition and presentation
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Good looking portrait. Light is very nice, details look great (especially on the head), and you had adequate DOF across the subject to avoid large OOF sections. I like the look-back pose and composition as well. Nicely done.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nicely done Joe (portrait king). Good detail and light angle brings some texture and depth.