Thread: Snowy Egret with small catch

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Snowy Egret with small catch

Attached Images Attached Images

I haven't been out much lately. I am really missing shooting, but finances have just been very tight lately. Here's one in my files taken with my A92. All the dots in the water are air bubbles from a pump in the lake. They bubbles seem to attract the minnows and the Snowies fly by and grab them at the surface while in flight.

Sony A9M2
    200-600mm
    1.4 TC
    taken at 840mm
    1/6400 at f/9
    ISO 800

2. Thanks Volkan Akgul thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Lovely lighting and action. Fish is a nice touch. The bird's face does look a bit crunchy, perhaps from oversharpening? You're PP is usually spot-on, so it's a pretty small critique. Detail on the near wing/primaries is great. Softly-graded BG nice too.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Kurt ... very nice incoming shot with the caught fish as a great addition and telling a story .
    I do like the overall color palette / tones and colors ... the water and BG is lovely with the almost bi coloration . I do like the bubbles on the surface .
    Basic sharpness does look good to me ... but i have some reservation about the smoothing that took place across the bird , albeit not globally rather partially . Some areas show complete smooth party other areas showing grain .... looks like a " typical Topaz sign " , well at least to me.
    Looking at the techs i am surprised that you used any form of NR at all .

TFS Andreas

Lifetime Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I have never seen this bird but I can see light grey then snowy then light grey again from wing to wing As said above good action, bubbles add to it I reckon.