Thread: Fallow Deer

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Fallow Deer

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi all ...
    my first ever posted and decent shot of this species . Nothing exciting to be honest .... but still worth posting IMHO.
    Image taken in the overcast afternoon of my recent Netherland quick trip .... to Zandvoort , wanted to shoot Foxes there at that location but no Foxes has been present .

Canon R3
    RF 100 - 500 IS L
    HH

F 7,1 ; Iso 2500 ; 1/1600 sec

Processed with DPP4 and PSCC 2023 ; slightly cropped for leveling the image

THanks for looking and commenting to my last postings

Cheers Andreas

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

A nice, natural frame Andreas, with realistic surrounding and colour, however when I saw the thumbnail I thought too much to the LHS but viewing FF it's fine as the deer is looking into the space. Having the light backdrop behind the rack lifts them nicely which helps display them. I might add some Grading in the Shadows & Midtones, personal preference. Just wonder if you had the opportunity after getting this frame just to drop the height slightly so you were just a fraction lower.

TFS
    Steve
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Steve .... you talk about color or tonal grading ? Overall or just subject ? What would be the benefit , in your eyes ?

Going lower would have been easily possible , but then there was the light grey boring sky .... in the frame . So i opted for this framing . I understand your first reaction about the comp ... but i thought leave the LHS as shot , albeit i think with the head turned even more would have been better so i was ending up with an acceptable compromise .

If you like , check my squirrel RP .... and leave your thoughts in that thread

Cheers Andreas

BTW i might receive a new editing toy today .... the Loupedeck CT . Will try that out if it does work for me .... instead of using shortcuts inside PS/ Capture one .
    Last edited by Andreas Liedmann; 11-18-2022 at 04:44 AM.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

What would be the benefit , in your eyes ?
    Slightly deeper tones perhaps.

Going lower would have been easily possible , but then there was the light grey boring sky .... in the frame .
    Indeed, but you would have an option, however the rack might also then be in the green too...

I understand your first reaction about the comp ... but i thought leave the LHS as shot , albeit i think with the head turned even more would have been better so i was ending up with an acceptable compromise .
    It's fine as is.
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Ok Steve ... here you go , a simple channel blending to red and green channel through masks . Mid tones revceived multilpy and the 3/4 tones received a soft light blend . not at full strenght .

WDYT ?

Cheers Andreas

Threads
    Thank You Posts

It's a totally different method to Lr so can't really say, there you can change a variety of options, RP was worth a punt, but WDYT?

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I was originally quite happy with the OP , but the marginal edit of the RP is a good move . Thanks for pointing it out ...

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Andreas, I am back on line now!! I like the fallow deer original, the repost looks remarkably similar i.e the difference is marginal. Looks good as presented, if anything I may consider lowering the overall brightness a little but that's about all.