Thread: Green Heron

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Green Heron

Attached Images Attached Images

This image is from the past that I did over today with new skills and tools. I found this Green Heron perched on the bush shown in the image. I set up and locked focus capturing a few images of the perched bird. Then I waited, and waited hoping the bird would take flight. Finally it happened, I captured a burst of images. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D500
    Nikon 80-400mm VR AF-S ED, camera and lens supported by a Oben carbon fiber monopod with a Wimberly MonoGimbal head
    1/2000 F/7.1 Matrix Metering EV +1 ISO 1000 Auto WB, image captured at 280mm (420mm 35mm Equivalent)
    Post processed in Lightroom Classic, Photoshop CC 2023 and Topaz Denoise AI
    Cropped and canvas added to the left side for composition and presentation

P.S. Learn more about Circle B Bar Reserve in the BAA Middle Florida Photography Site Guide that Artie and I co-authored. It is available at this link https://birdsasart-shop.com/the-baa-...ic-site-guide/
    Last edited by Joseph Przybyla; 11-09-2022 at 02:32 PM.
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

2. Thanks Volkan Akgul thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Joe, I think this is not only a really cool frame (I personally don't see many GH in flight), I think you did quite a good job processing it.

Very solid light and flight angle, the rich greens compliment nicely and although the perch is a bit busy, being in the far right side and the diagonal effect both really assist the overall viewing.

The only suggestion I could offer to improve it would be to go 16x9 with some off the top and maybe a little left.

Well done overall from here.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Sump View Post
    Joe, I think this is not only a really cool frame (I personally don't see many GH in flight), I think you did quite a good job processing it.

Very solid light and flight angle, the rich greens compliment nicely and although the perch is a bit busy, being in the far right side and the diagonal effect both really assist the overall viewing.

The only suggestion I could offer to improve it would be to go 16x9 with some off the top and maybe a little left.

Well done overall from here.
    Hi Brian. thank you for viewing and commenting. After reading your comments I smiled, originally I had post the image as a 16x9 then changed it to a 2x3. Here is the 16x9.
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Joe, personally I much prefer it in the latter format

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Sump View Post
    Joe, personally I much prefer it in the latter format
    Thanks for coming back, much appreciated.
    Joe Przybyla

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Here is another version of the image with the bush removed in Photoshop using Artie's divide and conquer. WDYT?
    Joe Przybyla

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice flight capture, Joe. Given the obvious take-off pose, I think the bush adds to the story; but nice frame either way.

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice shot, I would leave the bush and lower the saturation of the greens, I find them a little dominant.