Thread: Migrating Avocets

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Migrating Avocets

Attached Images Attached Images

Going through old files. Shot in Nd slough 2020 from my floating blind. Comments and critiques appreciated. Processed with Dpp 4,Topaz Photoshop. Removed some spots in the water. Added canvas to the bottom and increased the highlight in the pupil.
    Canon 1DX 111
    500 f/4 L
    700 mm
    F/9
    1/3200
    ISO 3200

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Kevin:

A striking juxtaposition , with very similar poses, nicely exposed, good POV. Shows off those amazing bills well.

Well captured.

Randy
    MY BPN ALBUMS

"Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy" Sir Isaac Newton

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Kevin, a dandy frame of one of my favorite species. Even in non-breeding plumage.

Didn't know how I'd like it from the small teaser, but actually works pretty well as the primary and distant subject intersect nicely.

Only considerations I could offer is to play around with channel blending (i.e. apply image) you can really tame some of those brighter whites. Glad to share more if you ping me. Also, would be nice to see a version panned out just a touch or subjects moved right in frame, just to see how it compares.

A beaut really man, well done!

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

My initial reaction was slightly negative but on second look I like it. I know the oof bird is intentional but it does draw my eye intermittently from the subject, usually I regard this phenonium as a distraction but in this case I think it enhances viewing pleasure. Good exposure on the bird and I especially like the detail in the legs.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice Kevin....Pleasing to the eye, with good detail on the focused bird....Works well with the poses....Nice colours throughout...

Will