Thread: Trumpeter rumble

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Trumpeter rumble

Attached Images Attached Images

Taken a couple of days ago in SW Michigan. The trumpeters were really feisty , and one pair decided to show another group who was in charge.

Z9. 500PF. f/5.6 1/1250s ISO 3200, Manual, 20 fps, wide area (large), animal eye detect. Hand held. Full frame.

Minimal post in LR and PS 2023.

Advice and comments always appreciated.

Randy
    Last edited by Randy Stout; 10-29-2022 at 11:45 AM.
    MY BPN ALBUMS

"Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy" Sir Isaac Newton

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Randy. Great action here! It does work for me in terms of the poses, sharpness and water splashes. I also like the symmetry between the three Swans. I can't decide if I like the rear oof Swan or not. Had you been a little more to your right maybe you wouldn't have clipped the wing of the Swan on the right? Cheers.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I love the action here indeed! I think my favorite part may just be that background individual coming in to join. Knowing how big these guys are the splashing and noise must have been impressive. The one "bad" head angle is unavoidable in this situation, and it is naturally looking at it adversary, but just wish the lower mandible did not merge with the wing edge (but I am being rather picky). All those whites look great!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks guys for your input. I did wonder about the swan in the background, and maybe cropping into more of a vertical format, since I didn't have anything more on the right available, but decided that the story telling component of the approaching swan in the background was more important. I absolutely would have preferred more room on the right, but I didn't' pan fast enough.

Cheers

Randy
    MY BPN ALBUMS

"Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy" Sir Isaac Newton