Thread: Great Egret

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Great Egret

Attached Images Attached Images

I captured this image at Gatorland in Orlando, Florida before the pandemic. I am reaching into the past and reprocessing images with the new tools in Lightroom and new skills learned. Gatorland is difficult for photography because of the numbers of birds at times and closeness together and whatever the background is. Working tight with a long lens works sometimes. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D7000
    Nikon 80-400mm VR AF-S ED, camera and lens supported by a Oben carbon fiber monopod with a Wimberly MonoGimbal head
    1/2000 F/5.6 Matrix Metering EV 0 ISO 200 Auto WB, image captured at 340mm (510mm 35mm Equivalent)
    Post processed in Lightroom Classic, Photoshop CC 2022 and Topaz Denoise AI
    Cropped for composition and presentation

P.S. Learn more about Gatorland in the BAA Middle Florida Photography Site Guide that Artie and I co-authored. It is available at this link https://birdsasart-shop.com/the-baa-...ic-site-guide/
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Joe ... sadly this frame is not working for me .
    Whites do look nice as does the colors ... but the bit of eye and only a small part of the face visible is not enough for me , personally to make this look appealing to me .

TFS Andreas

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas Liedmann View Post
    Hi Joe ... sadly this frame is not working for me .
    Whites do look nice as does the colors ... but the bit of eye and only a small part of the face visible is not enough for me , personally to make this look appealing to me .

TFS Andreas
    Hi Andreas, thank you for viewing and commenting. I knew it was different, actually I wondered what comments it would receive. Thank you for taking the time to comment.
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

The detail in the whites looks great, but the OOF neck in the foreground is really distracting. That said, the color and detail on the face is really nice, and I don't mind the head angle as presented. Subject is tight in the frame if you have a bit more canvas.