Default Pied Kingfisher

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi all ... a KF from Zambia
    Image taken at Lower Zambezi NP

Canon EOS 1Dx II
    EF 500 is L II 1,4 TC
    Beanbag

F 8 ; Iso 1000 ; 1/2500 sec

Processed with DPP 4 and PSCC 2022 ; cropped to 65 % of FF , removed a grass blade on RHS

Thanks for looking and commenting to my previous posting

cheers Andreas

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice one, Andreas. Blacks and whites look good, nice perch, pure background. Nice work, thank you for sharing.
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Andreas, this is a fine shot my friend. I love the simplicity of the image design with enough character in the folder perch (although just a simple reed) as well as the gorgeous gradient behind. Quite unique going from beige/orange to gray.

Subject looks nice. Great eye contact and HA. Like the richness in blacks. Otherwise, I could see a version with subject and perch moved left in frame a touch.

Curious, were the whites on the neck blown? You have them in good range here around 251 but when attempting to do a little channel blending there was not much movement, which made me curious.

Oh, may also want to go ahead and clone that faint reed sticking up along the bottom edge, under the perch.
    Last edited by Brian Sump; 09-12-2022 at 04:55 PM.

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Super image colours and tones look very good indeed, I like the composition. The eye is pretty much ideal.
    I am being piccy now - I have a tiny reservation over the bill tip - it's just a little OOF.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks folks your comments are much appreciated .

@ Jon .... I hear you about the bit tip, but nothing would have brought it into focus in that situation ..... unless a he turned the head . As shooting moment was short and I grabbed only a couple of frames . I am ok with the bill , for the time being .

Cheers Andreas

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Sump View Post
    Andreas, this is a fine shot my friend. I love the simplicity of the image design with enough character in the folder perch (although just a simple reed) as well as the gorgeous gradient behind. Quite unique going from beige/orange to gray.

Subject looks nice. Great eye contact and HA. Like the richness in blacks. Otherwise, I could see a version with subject and perch moved left in frame a touch.

Curious, were the whites on the neck blown? You have them in good range here around 251 but when attempting to do a little channel blending there was not much movement, which made me curious.

Oh, may also want to go ahead and clone that faint reed sticking up along the bottom edge, under the perch.
    Thanx my friend for your comment , your crop suggestion will work as well .
    Neck was not blown ... just pushed the downsized file with a levels adjustment too much .
    Oooooh I overlooked the faint reed part .... my bad

Cheers Andreas

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I personally like the crop and composition as posted. Really nice frame Andreas. I have such a hard time getting these guys to perch, so would love to have this in my files. I agree about cloning out the small faint reed at the bottom. That's my only tiny little nit. Very fine work!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Looking good Andreas......The BG colours show the bird perfectly....Nice pose, perch and HA....Good detail on both bird and perch....I like your chosen crop.

Will

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanx Kurt and Will for your kind comments , much appreciated