Thread: Ruby-throated Hummingbird Delicateness.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Ruby-throated Hummingbird Delicateness.

Attached Images Attached Images

I love the small flowers here, and how the hummingbird is so precise in its hovering to get to the nectar inside. Hope you like it too!

Canon R6 + 500mm f/4 II + 1.4TC III, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/1250s., f/, ISO 6400, natural light, handheld, cropped for comp. NR via Topaz. I contemplated turning the reds in LLC into greens, and may still do so, but at least they kind of pick up on the reds in some of the flowers.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Excellent result, especially at 1/1250 and ISO 6400! The bird is nice and sharp, but the budding flowers are where my attention goes, in a good way. There's a wonderful depth to them, particularly with the OOF clumps farther behind. I like my hummer wings stiller, but you couldn't do anything more given the lack of light on this day. I think you did as well under challenging circumstances.

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like the overall green palette, I too was surprised the bird was so well focused/sharp at that shutter speed, an interesting image and nicely composed.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Stunning shot Daniel. Love everything here. I must admit though when I took my first look it seemed that the oof background behind the bird gave a 3d feel, as if you'd blurred the bg somewhat too much if you know what I mean?

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice feeding image Daniel! I like the pose with wings back, the pollen on the bill and detail looks great! Very nicely done with just 1/1250

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Really pretty comp Daniel!

Love the diagonal berries and the touch of pinks. Agree with you on leaving the colors in LLC accordingly.

Body angle slightly away but still nice eye contact. Very nice details throughout and sweet to get that iridescence popping on the back.