Thread: Wren

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Wren

Attached Images Attached Images

Taken earlier this year of one of the Wrens frequenting the garden.

Thanks to those who commented or viewed the last posting.

Steve

Subject: Wren (Troglodytes troglodytes)
    Camera: Canon EOS R5
    Lens: EF200-400mm f/4L IS USM EXT
    Exposure: 1/1000s at f/5.6 ISO6400
    Original format: Landscape, almost FF, a sliver off the top, FF width
    Processed via: LRCC 11.4.1 & PSCC 23.4.2
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Such a cutie, Steve. I like the image design here. Do I see snow on the perch?
    Very nice composition, perfect pose from the wren and colours are just lovely

Warmest regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice Steve....You couldn't have asked for a better perch.....Those greens with the frost and the decaying wood go so good together......I like the dark BG...shows the bird well...Nice feather detail....just wondering if a wee bit more sharpness on the head/breast of the bird......

Will

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Steve, I like the image design, the perch is quite wonderful and interesting and the bird gave you a nice head angle. The background compliments everything in the image. I haven't seen ice/frost in over twenty years other than in images like this. I enjoyed the image thank you for sharing.
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Too kind Gabriela.

Thanks Will & Joe, much appreciate.

.just wondering if a wee bit more sharpness on the head/breast of the bird......
    Yep, no problem, 99% get the same USM, but occasionally Will, one needs just a tad more, good call.
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Super shot, I like the light and the colours are s delight. (When viewed in PSCC the sharpening appears adequate to me).

Threads
    Thank You Posts

hi Steve ... cute little Wren .
    nice pose and a good head turn/angle .
    to be honest I am 50/50 about the image in terms of content .... due to the very dominant perch , you made it even more eye catching with the editing as the colors are so nice with all the various greens/yellows and browns that it is taking away my eyes from the subject .
    if you make the perch less eye catching . might help with keeping the eye on the main subject ??!!
    the bg does show some posterization or not so smooth color transitions ... at least here on my 4k screen .

tfs Andreas

Threads
    Thank You Posts

This is why 4K is great for video and super sharp, but at times beyond requirements, as I said before, prints out fine Andrea’s. Likewise folk often comment on ‘noise’ in an image, however most of the when printed it’s never scene, but there are times when an image is badly exposure noise is obvious.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Steve .. respect your view , but do not share your thoughts regarding the output file .
    as images are prepared for output on screen and not for printing when posted here or other places .... I think nobody uses a file that was saved for web to make a great print .
    I would be surprised if you ( with your background ) would make a print from exactly the posted file , so I would expect a smoother bg without any posterization .
    I checked the image on an iMac from 2017 ... does show the same stuff , just a little bit less obvious .

but ... we might see things differently

cheers Andreas

Threads
    Thank You Posts

We go off topic, but agree, I would not use the same file, I would soft proof it from the master tiff file with changes based on output to meet the paper requirements. As for the web file it only has 256 colours and no one would print from this, but often direct from the Master file without any changes for output and so they wonder why the print does not match to what they see on screen.

Cheers, must dash.