Thread: Roseate Spoonbill

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Roseate Spoonbill

Attached Images Attached Images

I captured this image at a stop along Blackpoint Wildlife Drive in Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge on Merritt Island, Florida. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D500
    Nikon 500mm PF, camera and lens supported by a Oben carbon fiber monopod with a Wimberly MonoGimbal head
    1/3200 F/5.6 Matrix Metering EV +1 ISO 8000 Auto 1 WB, image captured at 500mm (750mm 35mm Equivalent)
    Post processed in Lightroom Classic, Photoshop CC 2022 and Topaz Denoise AI
    Cropped for composition and presentation
    Last edited by Joseph Przybyla; 08-10-2022 at 04:54 AM.
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

ISO 8000 Joe, is that correct, if so welcome to the 'High ISO Club' from across the pond.

Detail looks good, but colour perhaps slightly flat, was it overcast. Like the HA to camera, but is there more tone you can extract along the bill and that upper 'shoulder'? Not sure if there is some dodging/cloning in the water, some repetitive areas????

TFS
    Steve
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

3. Thanks Joseph Przybyla thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

As I said earlier Joe....your high ISO images look real good....Beautiful colours on the bird.....feather detail spot on....Pose and HA very nice.....Good work

Will

5. Thanks Joseph Przybyla thanked for this post
    BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Kaluski View Post
    ISO 8000 Joe, is that correct, if so welcome to the 'High ISO Club' from across the pond.

Detail looks good, but colour perhaps slightly flat, was it overcast. Like the HA to camera, but is there more tone you can extract along the bill and that upper 'shoulder'? Not sure if there is some dodging/cloning in the water, some repetitive areas????

TFS
    Steve
    Hi Steve, yes, the ISO was 8000. I wanted to keep the shutter speed up for a sharper image. The day was overcast with showers, so flat light. I did some work on the image, the shoulder and bill. No dodging or cloning in the water, this is pretty much full frame so it repetitive areas they are natural. Thank you for viewing and commenting. Here is a repost... WDYT?
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Personally it looks better IMHO.
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

8. Thanks Joseph Przybyla thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

hi Joe always a pleasure to portray such colorful subject and you did well specially with the techs you used .
    nice job all around , specially on the NR front . here I do understand the use of noise reduction with ease .... LOL .
    comp , tone and colors do look good to me , as does the rendered sharpness .
    not knowing the bird in person .... I might raise a question about the whites in the subject , are they " grey" by nature ?? as they do appear a bit " dirty " here on my screen . just my take .

tfs Andreas

10. Thanks Joseph Przybyla thanked for this post
    BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks everyone for viewing and commenting, much appreciated.
    Joe Przybyla