Thread: Brown hare (Lepus europaeus)

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Brown hare (Lepus europaeus)

Attached Images Attached Images

I may have posted similar previously but this is processed differently. It was a little distant and weather was not good but it's something to check over.
    Taken from inside a car, hand held (not on window- someone in the way!)
    OM-1
    300mm f4 (600mm equiv)
    ISO 3200, 1/640 sec f4.5

ACR/PSCC

Threads
    Thank You Posts

hi Jon .... a very realistic demo of the shooting conditions that took place while you captured the subject .
    details and sharpness are spot on . tones and colors fitting well to the described scene .
    the crop / comp are not working for me ... you have more options that are more pleasing to , at least , my eyes .
    as an image it does not grab me , I have to say .... looks like you have rushed through processing , almost like out of cam .
    just my take .

tfs Andreas

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Dear Jon,

Hope all is well on your side and that you manage to get out and about more these days, when are you coming back to Africa? I am off to the Kruger and camping, beginning of September. Renting a 4x4 trailer so a new experience to look forward to, and hopefully some sightings...

Had a brief look at your image last night but was too tired to compose a reply, please forgive me. Do like the mood you captured...and would have liked a few drops of rain, just to add more drama. But I have the same feeling Andreas described above, the comp isn't working too well as the chap is a wee 'lost' in the frame, and somehow 'disconnected' from the audience as he is slightly turned away. Also, the almost central placement does not do much for the image. In terms of post-processing I think the subject looks good, some nice detail in the (wet) fur, the eye could stand out a bit more with some saturation and play on exposure/gamma, and maybe some more NR in the BG?

Warmest regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I agree that the detail and colours are good however the comp doesnt work resulting in the subject getting lost in all that green grass