Thread: Manatee

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Manatee

Name:  manatee-BPN-edit.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  580.1 KB

One from a snorkelling trip at Crystal River, Florida. visibility was awful, everything was murky by about 6 feet away from me, but great fun to have these guys come up to you for no reason other than they want to interact. Not many keepers from the day due to the conditions, this one was almost touching the camera.

Nikon D500 in a Nauticam housing.
    Nikon 8-15mm fisheye at 9mm
    ISO 1250
    1/500th f5.6

Mike

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Mike, this is awesome! Never seen a Manatee before in our Wildlife Forum. Amazing encounter, so pleased for you. And happy that you're sharing.

Framing is perfect and the pose and head angle give us such a nice view of the eye. I am amazed at the sheer size of this aquatic mammal. Quite like the murky water and colours overall, detail is good despite poor visibility.
    I believe the Manatee is on the Endangered Species list, which makes this image even more special. Thank you so much for this - I truly enjoyed viewing

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Absolutely awesome image of a fascinating creature. I agree that the pose and angle of its body make for a wonderful comp and overall feel to the image. It really is a fascinating image that certainly has me mesmerized

Threads
    Thank You Posts

hi mike this is stunning that you were able to shoot this amazing animals , understand that you wished for crystal clear water .
    I quite like the image design ... but wish you would invested a bit more into processing , as there is a lot one can do with this frame .
    but really that you showcase this here , thanx for that .

TFS Andreas