Thread: Mr Speed

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Mr Speed

Attached Images Attached Images

hi folks .. time to post again
    was busy with experimenting on different workflows , as I wanted to become quicker in the raw processing with acr . and I think sometimes I do need a new target .
    so the wf is now slightly different still filling with various things during the way from raw to output .
    image taken at Kuril lake on kamtchatka on a very dull day

canon eon 1dx ii
    ef 200 - 400 is l at 490 mm
    hh

f 5,6 , iso 1250 , 1/1600 sec

processed with acr and pscc 2022, cropped for comp to about 75 & of ff

thanks for looking and commenting to my previous postings

cheers Andreas

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice action you have captured here, Andreas! Love the speed and the water splash, that focused look from the bear is just awesome.

Nice framing, and looks good to me in terms of colour and tonality. In PSCC it looks even better. Love those hungry eyes and open mouth, subject looks fierce...thank goodness you were not too close

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hey Andreas... what's this you processing differently after all the hard time you gave me... and now ACR/PSCC!! You will be seen to be as variable as I am if you are not careful! Before we know it you be using Lightroom
    Super colours and processing great action, I like it very much. I appreciate slightly off set to the right as he is looking slightly to the left, it gives a good sense of direction for the image.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Gabriela and Jon for your kind comments .
    much appreciated !!!!

cheers A

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashton View Post
    Hey Andreas... what's this you processing differently after all the hard time you gave me... and now ACR/PSCC!! You will be seen to be as variable as I am if you are not careful! Before we know it you be using Lightroom
    LOL Jon .... due to technical shortcomings of DPP compared to ACR/C1 when it comes to speed , even worse on the latest MBP Pro .... I just thought I play with ACR . Does not mean I moving over .... still favor DPP for the reason I always mentioned . at the moment I just have too much of time .... so I do play a lot , albeit I am still handicapped .
    Sorry that I am giving you a hard time , was not my goal !!!!!!

Cheers Andreas

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

This is a striking image Andreas, superb action and the expression of the bears face is fantastic! The intense eyes and open mouth add a lot here. Good low angle and techs.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Andreas, quite a striking image. The bear and splashing water are fantastic. Reading that you used ACR/Lightroom (the only difference is that Lightroom is also a database catalog for storing images) I wondered if you took advantage of Adobe's artificial intelligence to expose the image. Anyways, great image, thank you for sharing.
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Flippen **** - what an incredible image. The exposure, the detail, the action, the pose, the facial expression all WOW WOW WOW imho

Threads
    Thank You Posts

thanks Basil , Joe and Sanjeev for your kind comments ....

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Przybyla View Post
    Reading that you used ACR/Lightroom (the only difference is that Lightroom is also a database catalog for storing images) I wondered if you took advantage of Adobe's artificial intelligence to expose the image.
    hi Joe what kind of AI in ACR/LR are you talking about .... please let me know .
    I do rather prefer to work with HI when editing , for the most part .... hope you know what I mean by HI .it is human intelligence in combo with truck loads of layers and my beloved pen to brush the things I want to achieve .

cheers Andreas

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas Liedmann View Post
    hi Joe what kind of AI in ACR/LR are you talking about .... please let me know .
    I do rather prefer to work with HI when editing , for the most part .... hope you know what I mean by HI .it is human intelligence in combo with truck loads of layers and my beloved pen to brush the things I want to achieve .

cheers Andreas
    Hi Andreas, I have noticed that photographers like you, Steve and Artie who were doing this when only Photoshop was available to process digital images use that very well. Someone like me who rekindled my interest in photography late in life (at age 68, now age 79) use Lightroom or other software. I pretty much use Lightroom/AGR exclusively, a little cloning and content aware stuff in Photoshop but not much. Lightroom and ACR has a artificial intelligence called Sensei to expose images. The engineers at Adobe have trained the software to learn how to expose images by feeding billions of correctly exposed images teaching the software. To use it click on Auto in the basic panel where the exposure sliders are located. That said, I do not like to use Auto because all the sliders are adjusted at once. If you hold the shift key down and then double click Exposure, Contrast, Highlights, Shadows, Whites, Blacks, Vibrance and Saturation the sliders will be set using the Artificial Intelligence of the software. I do the sliders one at a time because I want to see how each adjusts the image and then know which to change if I do not like the result. I always find the the Blacks will clip, on every image I will hold down the ALT key and adjust the Blacks so there is no clipping. Most times it is quick and gives a good starting point to work from. You might try it sometime if you are using ACR, also there is information about it on Adobe's website and on the internet. Take care my friend, hope you hand heals soon.
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I've seen loads of images of bears running through water, but find this one appeals more than most due to the look at the teeth. A small detail but very important IMHO. Great timing o the raised paws

Mike