Thread: Bore You With Tigers - 12

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Bore You With Tigers - 12

Attached Images Attached Images

Hello everyone.

Another image from recent tiger trip to Bandhavgarh. This female has recently given birth to a litter of four and hence needs to be constantly hunting to feed the family. This was one such morning when she was on the prowl and was stalking a herd of deers. She emerged silently out of the woods and doing so gave us a look before stealthily moving in the bushes. Whether the hunt materialised or not is a story for some other day.

DPP 4.13, PSCC 23, WB, curves, selective colour, 1 and of NR, sharpening , slightly removed the plant across its body.

Canon 1DX MK II, Canon 200-400mm @560 mm, Bean Bag support.

ss 1/1600, f/5.6, iso 4000

Looking forward for all your comments and suggestions , be it of any nature.

Haseeb.

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I really like this one very much, if the word "predator" needed a visual description then this is it. I like the composition and the colours, the small branch is a little unfortunate but I can live with that.
    Last edited by Jonathan Ashton; 07-04-2022 at 03:39 PM.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

A lovely sighting and image Haseeb. I like the lit tiger amidst the darker forest surroundings. She sure is in stealth more and seems focussed! Good techs as well.

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Dear Haseeb,

Wow. Lots to look at here and the pose from the tigress is simply superb. I am also taken with those massive tree trunks, what beautiful environment! Nicely framed and I like all that space you allowed on the LHS of the frame for the subject to move into. Love those scattered leaves on the ground. Colours look good/natural overall and consistent with the lighting conditions.

The only tiny (nitpicking) observations I have are as follows:

1. the right side of the tigress's face lacks a bit of definition - I do understand that the LHS of the face is in the shade so more contrasty, but perhaps you could enhance a bit the other side, or add a tad of contrast by whatever means?

2. on the LHS of the face the pupil is right in the centre while on the RHS it is situated a bit higher up - did you do some work on the eyes?

Amazing sighting and you should be super pleased with this frame, here's a quick RP to just show you what I meant by enhancing the paler side of the face, did not touch the eyes though.

Have a beautiful evening, thank you so much for sharing and...I will never get bored with your tigers!!!

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you Jon , Doc and Gabriela .

@ Gabriela - those subtle changes have definitely improved this a bit. Also, I haven’t done anything to the eyes , the pupils are positioned that way only , may be due to the light on one pupil has caused that effect ?

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi haseeb ... super cool image in a cool setting .
    love the depth due to the location and the subject in stealth mode , very well captured .
    overall comp top noch , as well as good tonal range and colors .
    personally I might try to lift the tiger and burn the leafs in front of her ... without looking fake .

TFS A

7. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by haseeb badar View Post
    Thank you Jon , Doc and Gabriela .

@ Gabriela - those subtle changes have definitely improved this a bit. Also, I haven’t done anything to the eyes , the pupils are positioned that way only , may be due to the light on one pupil has caused that effect ?
    It's possible, Haseeb. Just looked a bit odd, but not a big deal.
    I did not do much to the face, just accentuated a bit the paler side
    Gabriela Plesea

9. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you Andreas .