Thread: European Field Hamster III

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default European Field Hamster III

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi folks ... short break needed from my side to go on with the rodents
    i do keep my intro short as I am limited in typing for the next time , editing was also not as easy with one hand as I am used to work with pen and keyboard .
    so I used some filters to get the image where I wanted it to stay , not 100 % happy though .

canon eon 1dx iii
    ef 500 is l + 1,4 tc
    hh

f 6,3 , iso 6400 , 1/2000 sec

processed with dpp and pscc 2022 , 70% of ff

thx A

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Super cute, Andreas! Love the pose and the pouches! Nice frame filler, well exposed and I like the colours and vibrance and ...flowers:)

I am sorry to learn that you can only make use of one hand, you still managed to process this very well and I am glad to see you post again.

Hope you enjoy the week-end Boetie, and that you feel better soon. Feel like to grab this little one off the screen and put it in my pocket

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Looks like one I had as a pet, hmmmmmm maybe 69 years ago. You did well processing the image, nice composition with the grass and flowers. Your write up makes me wonder why you can only use one hand, hoping it recovers soon. Thank you for sharing, Andreas.
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Andreas, I too hope your use of hand soon recovers, sorry to read about it.
    You have managed a pretty much ideal view of this little fellow, looks like his cheek pouches are getting pretty full too. I quite like the longer grass stems at either side forming a frame around the subject. I am still sensing the colours are a little more vivid than I am used to from you - is this what you referred to?

Threads
    Thank You Posts

thx folks for your kind comments , much appreciated .

Jon .... in this case , I did actually pushed the colors to a degree , but not as you might think in terms of technique . the whole process is not how I normally work ... due to my limitations .

cheers Andreas

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Andreas -- You just set such high standards that you are only able to nit pick on your postings. To me this appears perfectly fine. Excellent details and well processed .

Fantastic low pov. A really fine image .

TFS !

Threads
    Thank You Posts

thx haseeb , I might be hypercritical at times . one thing that pushes me forward most of the times .
    at the moment I am struggling with the one hand limitations and the consequence of having to use plugin filters to get the image where I want it to be . as my normal process is using both hands while editing and not pushing sliders from left to right , what I do to a degree at the moment . plus I cannot work very long at the desk ....