Thread: Lazing away !

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Lazing away !

Attached Images Attached Images

A young male tiger lazes at Tipeshwar wildlife sanctuary in Maharashtra. This was last year. Sadly have been too pre-occupied with work and other things at home front. Missed going to Bandhavgarh with Haseeb in May. My friends were in Masai Mara last week but I could not join them.
    So sharing one from my past trip.
    1DX II
    500mm L II
    1/1000
    f/5.6
    ISO 2500

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Doc -- Good to have you posting .

I think you are lucky to get big cats rolling over. I liked the pose and the fact that the tiger is looking towards you. Colours have come out nicely and details look good to me. My only;y reservation is that dry leaf and the little plant in front of the tigers head, a clear view might have taken this image up several notches.

Nonetheless I enjoyed viewing this image and liked the pose.

TFS !

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Superb POV Sanjeev, makes the image for me. As well as those beautiful eyes looking straight into your lens.

Young beautiful tiger you have here, what a lovely sighting. Love the pink nose, and he is so relaxed and content. Framing spot on and pose is great. Colours look good to me and face is sharp with good detail.

I gather you had a little difficulty with the whites here and there, mainly on the chest - was the frame a tad overexposed? There is a white spot on the subject's chest that looks a bit awkward, a round patch, it is lighter and brighter than the rest. Worth another look, and if you ned help I am happy to try - such a special encounter!

Sorry you could not join your friends in Masai Mara. I have an invite for next year April but afraid to commit - things are so unpredictable here in SA and I feel I have to be within reach in case they need me at the pharmacy. Might go back to Kruger in a few months' time, hopefully camping as my last experience with Parksboard accommodation wasn't so good. Save for the badgers 'badgering' us... which was great fun.

If you ever decide to come back to SA let me know, there's a place close by that's good value for money and sightings are awesome. You need to book well ahead though.

Many thanks for sharing and I look forward to your next image, glad to have you back.

Hope you have a pleasant rest of the week,

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Haseeb and Gabriela. Ha ha Haseeb, I have that effect on cats :-)
    Gabriela, well spotted. That's a bit sloppy PP work. Some issue with selection. Will rework and post.
    Gabriela, we would love to visit SA. Will mail you regarding that. Me and Haseeb may plan something in October if its available.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Awesome Sanjeev, we'll be in touch then. Curious what effect you'll have on our big cats here...

I am off to Kruger ...camping in September, yay
    Gabriela Plesea

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Gabriela, here is a RP. Hope it fixes the issue.
    Thanks for helping me out.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice but for the thing blocking its forehead. Is the flash colored thing on the ground a big leaf???

with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks everyone. Yes Artie, that's a leaf. Din't try a removal as its a bit close to the subject.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

RP much better Sanjeev, thank you for taking the time
    Gabriela Plesea

Threads
    Thank You Posts

hi sanjeev ... the tiger gave you a super sweet pose , almost like a kitty cat at home . that beast even had an innocent facial expression .... gorgeous !!!
    the leaf in front is not ideal , but is as is .
    some of the fur does look recovered , no fur structure visible , even on the belly .... was the image overexposed ???

A