Thread: Gannet from Helgoland X

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Gannet from Helgoland X

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi folks .. trying to post a different image compared to most of my Gannet shots
    Would be interested what your thoughts are .
    Image is different in capture and in processing as I had to double process it as the strong side light really hard to control and I was not expecting that wing flap , it was just pure " luck " that the Gannet did it .
    At least I personally do find it really cool , albeit not being perfect with the angle of light and the cut off wings ....

Canon EOS 1Dx III
    EF 16 -35 f4 at 16 mm
    HH

F 13 ; Iso 800 ; 1/1000 sec ; man exp

Processed with C1 and PSCC 2022 ; slightly cropped and rotated to level the image

Thanks for looking and commenting to my previous posting

Cheers Andreas

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like it and don't mind the clipped wings. Light/illumination of subject looks good, the special bit is being able to see the egg, (well for me anyway!).

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Andreas:

Works for me. Looks like an image out of National Geographic, which is meant as a compliment! Like the detail on the legs, and yes, the egg. How far away were you from the bird?

Cheers

Randy
    MY BPN ALBUMS

"Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy" Sir Isaac Newton

Threads
    Thank You Posts

For me Andreas, this is the best Gannet image you have posted.....Well done on doing this....It works perfectly for me ....I live near the Bass Rock, the largest Northern Gannet nesting area on the planet, and for to see them die in their hundreds because of bird flu is very sad.....

Will

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like it too, Andreas. POV is great and the HA from the subject is awesome because the viewer can 'connect' with the bird. And it almost feels as if the Gannet is touching the lens with its right wing ... which is pretty cool.
    The presence of the other birds gives context. Let's not forget the egg, it also adds to the 'story'. Nice 3D feel to this frame, good colours, sharpness is there where it matters.
    Well processed and a very interesting and eye catching image overall, a pleasure to view.

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Wow Andreas, tis really rocks! The framing of the wingflap really takes this up a few notches. Congratulations on a very memorable image!!